This Could Be You
Doug Lacey's Basement Systems
Title: Service Technician
Doug Lacey's Basement Systems is looking for a highly qualified, highly motivated individual to serve full time on our team of Service Technicians. This position has the potential to grow into a full-time role as the performance and availability of appointments increase.
Service Technicians meet with our existing customers on pre-scheduled appointments to perform annual maintenance or follow up on warranty issues for customers' waterproofing, crawlspace, and foundation repair systems. The appointment times range from during the day to evenings as well as weekends, with the expectation that the Technician works a rotating schedule. Service Techs inspect, diagnose and recommend additional products or services to address our customer needs. Both residential construction and sales experience is preferred. Excellent customer service skills and integrity are a must. Individuals are required to have a valid driver's license and a good driving abstract.
Doug Lacey's Basement Systems is the region's largest waterproofing, foundation repair, radon mitigation, and basement finishing contractor.
What can you expect from being a Service Technician at Basement Systems Calgary?
- Extremely competitive earning potential, with a base hourly rate and commission.
- The opportunity to make a difference by providing solutions to our customers on serious home issues.
- A comprehensive benefits package
- A company truck and tools, including sales software
- Weekly hands-on training as well as professional development resources
- A family-oriented team environment to support your growth and success
Take a walk through an average day of a Service Technician
- Travel to the customer's home on a pre-set appointment
- Lead the customer through annual maintenance or reactive service appointments by building rapport, setting appointment expectations, and performing a thorough inspection of our previously completed work.
- Based on the customer's goals and accomplish the list, recommend products or services to enhance and protect the customer's home.
- Installing any solutions or system upgrades for our customers.
Here's what you need to be qualified
- 1+ years of sales experience
- Construction or handyman experience preferred
- Valid driver's license and clean abstract
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds on a semi-regular basis
- Ability to travel as our service area is all of central and southern Alberta
- One week (on call) per month 24-hour emergency services
- Flexible schedule for evenings and weekends
- Pay is hourly plus commission on sales. We enjoy a family environment and a strong employee benefits package.