We are not your regular contractor. We want to exceed your expectations and in doing so we like to inform our customers of what to expect BEFORE and AFTER the installation is complete.
For our crews to install your new system efficiently and correctly, there are a few things that we ask of you before we come out:
- Please move objects 6 feet or more away from the walls where the Waterproofing System will be installed. The more room we have, the quicker we can finish and the cleaner the job will be when we are done.
- Please review the entire proposal to factor out any notes that your System Design Specialist may have given to you as your responsibility. ie. Remove Drywall, insulation, paneling, base trim or flooring.
- Your new pump(s) and dehumidifier(s) will require a dedicated breaker for power. If you do not have an outlet such as this near the new sump location, you will require a circuit to be installed by a qualified electrician and note that this is not part of our contract for work to be done.
What to expect:
We will do our best to minimize dust during the project, however, some dust and dirt should be expected. The project being completed is construction work and some clean-up on your part will be necessary. To help reduce dust, please be
prepared for the following:
- Your crew leader will call you when they are on their way to your home. Based upon drive time and other factors, their arrival time may vary slightly from the scheduled block of time initially given to you. The crew will inform you if they are going to be later than expected.
- Heating and air conditioning systems should be shut down to avoid circulating dust throughout the house.
- Please cover any items that you wish to protect from dust or debris.
- Full payment is expected at the completion of the project. Please have your method of payment ready. If you absolutely cannot be present when your project is completed, please make arrangements for full payment with your Crew Leader before you leave.
AFTER THE INSTALLATION
- The pumps of the system should ALWAYS be plugged in. Also, each pump should have a dedicated outlet to prevent tripping a breaker on your electrical panel.
- The new concrete will take time to completely cure. Please wait at least one week before placing any objects in these areas. If you plan on laying carpet or laying tile over the new concrete, please wait at least four weeks before doing so. Special note * Installing a Sedona Basement Air System will speed up the curing process. *
- It is normal for small, thin shrinkage cracks to appear in new concrete. It is also normal for the concrete to appear dry and then damp again during the curing process, especially after there is rain.
- Please keep gutters and downspouts free of leaves and debris.
- Please make sure your downspouts stay connected and extend well away from the house. Also, ensure you maintain positive grade away from your foundation.
- When finishing your basement, please ensure you leave access to all WaterGuard Cleanouts.
For the BEST results with your new waterproofing system, annual maintenance should be set up with our Service Department. Having your system serviced regularly by one of our certified technicians will ensure that it is always properly functioning. During your annual maintenance, the technician will inspect your waterproofing system and test all components to make sure everything is operating as intended. The technician will also inspect all other areas of your foundation during this appointment to prevent any additional problems from occurring with your home.
We have a Service program that we offer to all our customers called GO-PHERcare. GO-PHERcare is the most cost-effective way to manage the maintenance of your system. Along with other great benefits, the GO-PHERcare membership includes an annual maintenance fee and extends the warranty of your system to a lifetime!
Contact us for more information and pricing. Our Service Department can be reached at 1-833-436-1098.
All this information is sent to you before and after your installation so you and our crews are well prepared and can deal with any unforeseen circumstances before the work begins!
Please reach out to us if you have any questions before or after your installation, we want the process to go as efficient and smooth as possible for you.
Doug Lacey's Basement Systems
Contact Us Toll-Free: 1-833-436-1098
Social Media: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest