Radon Gas Mitigation Photo Album: Radon Gas in Basement Mitigated in SW Calgary, AB
This homeowner in Calgary, Alberta contacted us after he completed a radon test and the results were higher than they liked. Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas that has become the second-leading cause of lung cancer, second only to cigarette smoke. Most soils contain uranium that, over time, decays to produce radium and polonium. Eventually, polonium is released with the radon, which creates a high toxicity level in the air and water that it infuses. In search of a Certified Radon Mitigation Professional, he contacted Doug Lacey's Basement Systems.
A System Design Specialist was able to visit the home, assess the situation, and provide him with a FREE, no obligation quote designed specifically to his home. From there our Radon Mitigation Specialist went to the home to install a sub-slab Radon Gas Mitigation System which draws the gas from beneath the basement floor slab and vent it outside of the home.
Now the homeowner can rest easy knowing he has the best solution in place to bring the Radon Levels down.
Mitigation System #1
This home had two Radon Mitigation systems installed to make sure the levels were brought down to a safe number
Mitigation System #2
This is another Radon Mitigation Fan that was installed.
Our Production Team also installed our CleanSpace® crawl space vapor barrier encapsulation to prevent moisture from passing through the floors.